The High Bar Harbor Taxpayers Association (HBHTA) is a volunteer non-profit organization that relies solely on dues and donations to operate.
Your annual membership fee of $35 helps defray the costs of the new highbarharbor.org website, maintenance of the High Bar Harbor welcome sign, plantings and Triangle Park Clam, insurance premiums, mailings, JCTA annual membership, social events including the Annual Meeting, Block Party, Boat Parade, Children’s Events, Sunset Social, and much more.
Please fill out our membership form below, noting that the $35.00 donation language accounts for the membership fee and that any amount above is a donation amount.
Why join the HBHTA?
- We are a vital source of information regarding community and township issues. Most recently we played a pivotal role in convincing the township to rescind two ordinances – Ordinance #21-30C regarding water and sewer fees and Ordinance #21-27C relating to bulkhead construction as a condition of certificate of occupancy.
- We work to oversee the protection and enhancement of our two parks and the welcome sign.
- We are a platform for residents to share their input on community issues and improvements.
- The Dredging Committee is working with township officials to complete soundings and soil samplings of our lagoon access channels.
- The Annual meeting keeps residents up to date on community topics.
- Newsletters and communications are sent to all members via email.
- We newly created and now coordinate the High Bar Harbor merchandise /apparel sold via Viking Outfitters.
- Officers attend monthly public Long Beach Township meetings and JCTA meetings to represent High Bar Harbor.
- We organize events to engage the community in social and environmental activities.
- We support local charities and civic organizations.
Come join the HBHTA and help us reach our goal of 90% membership in 2022. Ask your neighbors to join too!